Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hot Cocoa Recipe

I was slammed with questions about the recipe for the hot cocoa mix I made! (Not really, I think my mother is the only one who asked, but that's enough.) I had a few minutes today while I watch Nate play Cabela's Big Game Hunter. You might want to read that last part again.
Anyways.
We are lovin' the snow covered ground up here! It was so pretty driving last night.
Anyways, here is the recipe for our spicy hot cocoa. Nate really enjoyed the test batches I did and he let me know when it was just right. I adapted this recipe from my kitched bible, I mean The Joy of Cooking. Seriously, I love reading that. I used what they had, but I juiced it up and added nutmeg.

Crow Rd. Spiced Hot Cocoa
The mix
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 C sugar
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves*
1 t nutmeg

mix about two tablespoons of the mixture with 3/4 milk
stir constantly over medium heat until hot
let it cool**
enjoy it in your favorite spot

* I'm not sure what is available clove-wise. It has been a while since I went spice shopping. You could probably use whole cloves and strain them out. I used whole cloves that I ground in a coffee grinder. I wouldn't recommend that because they are so oily it was a mess to clean. But it sure was yummy!

** Since it is milk you're heating you might get a skin on it. Just skim it off.

I will have A LOT of crochet projects to display after I gift them in the next couple days. The fingers have been busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment