Monday, June 20, 2011

Fruit

We found a berry patch very close to us. It was a really nice morning on Saturday and its blue- and blackberry season, so we took advantage. It is a beautiful property where they grow flowers and berries to sell. Heaven? Maybe, but we were in and out pretty easily. Heaven on Wye Mountain, at least.
I'm sure there was more than I realized, but I saw blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, sunflowers, zinnias, and black-eyed susans. And huge white hollyhocks covering the electric meter! And on top of all that, their personal garden was beautiful!
First we started at the blueberries.Blueberries are so easy to pick. You just kinda shake the branch and gently pull and before you know it:They are so good, and big!

Then we headed over to the blackberries:

These were easier to pick than the last blackberries I picked.


We froze these:

But I have been using these:
For fruit pops! They are so good!



And for smoothies!
And for muffins that I forgot to take pictures of!


For you cat-lovers, this is what kitty does when it is so hot:
Looks all dejected and like he collapsed in front of the a/c unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment