- People like it when you pay attention to them.
- Even if things are awful, you'll probably feel a bit better if you fix yourself up for the day (hair, make-up, etc.).
- Speak up, because what if no one else does either?
- Sometimes you serve others when they are in your home, sometimes you give them a job to do. Either one is fine, but use both options. Letting others help you is a different kind of hospitality.
- Jesus loves me and everyone else.
- It's much better to know you have forgiven than to wish you had.
- You can't un-say anything, especially in an argument.
- Even if you've told someone how much you love them or are proud of them, it can't hurt (too much) to do it again.
- When people come to you for advice. The very first thing you should do is listen.
- It's much better to think you have given too much than to wish you had given more.
- When you do offer advice, offer it humbly and respectfully.
- One of the loveliest things in a family is a husband and wife who respect each other when everyone is watching and when no one is watching.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Happy Mother's Day
Things I have learned from the mothers in my life (Nanny, Grandmother, Mom and Mom in law) in no particular order: